Content

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Dawn & Robert's Springkell Wedding

Springkell House WeddingI've been looking forward to Dawn and Robert's wedding at Springkell ever since my first meeting with them at the venue.
Springkell has provided the venue for many weddings over the last few years, but this was, in the words of Springkell's staff - 'the first Big Wedding at Springkell' and it was fantastic to be there, on such a beautiful day - with enough surprises to keep me on my toes!

Many congratulations Dawn and Robert!
Dawn & Robert's Springkell Wedding by Duncan Ireland Photography
Springkell Wedding by Duncan Ireland Photography
Dawn & Robert's Applegarth Wedding by Duncan Ireland Photography
Applegarth Church WeddingDawn & Robert's Applegarth Church Wedding by Duncan Ireland Photography
Springkell House, Dumfries and Galloway
Dawn & Robert's Springkell Wedding by Duncan Ireland Photography
Dawn & Robert's Marquee Wedding at Springkell by Duncan Ireland Photography
Dawn & Robert's Marquee Wedding at Springkell by Duncan Ireland Photography

I joined Dawn for her preparations in the morning and had a lovely time - everyone was relaxed and the atmosphere great fun.  Then a real treat as we headed to Applegarth Church - wow what a pretty place - I'd visited the church a few days before the wedding and got that usual feeling of excitement - when I see a really fantastic wedding venue for the first time.  What an idilic little countryside church for a wedding in Dumfriesshire! 

I'm always fascinated to photograph the groom before the wedding (especially knowing I'll be in the same position soon…!), while the guests awaited Dawn's arrival at Applegarth I took a few photographs of an excited Robert (concealing his nerves well).  Then the church hushed as Dawn arrived… the ceremony was lovely and the setting of Applegarth church was perfect for photographs - a bright interior with beautiful soft light.

So Applegarth Church wedding photographs complete, and I set off to take further wedding photographs at Springkell.  The photography at Springkell started with Dawn and Robert's arrival - around to the front of the house where they were joined by their guests  in the wonderful Spring sunshine.  Since my first outing as a Springkell wedding photographer it's been fascinating to see the restoration work carried out at the House.  I've been lucky enough to visit Springkell on several occasions (to photograph the venue for Springkell's website and promotional material), and each time I've been stunned at the attention to detail and the quality and dedication of the restoration.

Once we'd captured a stunning group photograph with all Dawn's guests and the backdrop of Springkell I settled into some reportage wedding photography at Springkell and through the afternoon and into the night...

With a few fun photographs of the Marque as the sky turned to electric blue - my day as a Springkell wedding photographer was complete and I headed home very pleased with the day's photographs - lovely couple, amazing location and great light!

Back to Duncan Ireland Photography Wedding Galleries.

About me

Popular Posts

Pages

recent posts

Press

Flickr Images

Follow Us

All images copyright Duncan Ireland Photography www.duncanirelandphotography.com. Powered by Blogger.